Happy New Year everyone!
Whatever has been, let go of. Let go of it all. The good, the bad, and the ugly. Start afresh as if everything were possible.
Start again, today, and every day. What’s done is done, what wasn’t perhaps still could be, or if not draw a line and move on. Do the best you can do today, from exactly where you are, whether that is from a blissful joy in life or a in the midst of a real struggle. Just do what you can.
Never underestimate how effective small steps are when they are heading in the direction of your dreams, goals and intentions.
Allow there to be ease in all that you do. It doesn’t have to be a battle. Let there be grace in all that you do, gently heading in the right direction.
Here are 10 simple ways to make your day that little bit easier….
- Start each day with a minute or so of breath awareness and set the intention to do the best you can that day.
- Be aware of your posture – a neutral, tall spine with shoulders softly back and down will help you to stay more open to what the day has to offer.
- Single breath practice – as often as you remember throughout the day take a single, deep, conscious breath and remind yourself that however busy your day is each moment comes one moment at a time.
- Get some fresh air – even a few minutes walk, breathing in the air around and noticing your surroundings can lift your spirits and boost your sense of wellbeing.
- Drink plenty of water – the moment we start to become dehydrated we lose concentration and productivity.
- Smile – even the toughest day will have moments of joy, if you allow yourself to notice them.
- Kindness – it’s so true, simple acts of kindness make everybody’s world a better place.
- Be honest – obviously there is a way to do that with kindness but just notice how much lighter your feel when you are honest with yourself and others.
- Reduce your use of mobile technology – checking your phone/social media/emails at every spare moment creates a sense of being rushed and of not keeping up. Use spare moments by filling them with the above number 3 practice and notice how much more space and time your day has.
- Finish every day with a minute or so breath awareness in the contentment that you have done all that you can with that day.